Sunday, June 28, 2009

Bust Update


I wanted to share an update on the bust. It showed
some minor cracks on the inside after it was bisque fired and I feared the worst. My teacher suggested I use paper clay to fill the cracks. Strangely, none of the cracks I patched opened, but there were some others that showed up in areas I did not expect. It survived Cone 11 reduction firing, and the head did not fall off. None were on the face and overall I was very lucky. The porcelain slip I used gave it a beautiful almost marble-like appearance that I am very happy with.

1 comment:

jimgottuso said...

sounds like it was a success over all. i thought after i read there were cracks after the bisque that they would open farther, but i guess it didn't happen